Now don’t get me wrong I love the holiday season. The cold weather means I have a good excuse to stay indoors, curl up with a blanket and watch a good movie. It’s also a great time to try some new recipes like this recipe for Christmas Crack. Also how could I forget all the extra food you can eat around Christmas. Lastly there is nothing more beautiful than a fresh snowfall.
Despite all the awesome things that happen around the holiday there are some drawbacks. It is cold, it is messy and if you live where it snows then you know what a pain it is to shovel after a snowstorm.
What are some things that help get you through the colder months?
Even though the weather doesn’t make it the best time of year I do have some winter must haves and essentials that make it a bit more bearable. These things will help you withstand the cold dry air , snow and ice.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on this link and make a purchase I may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
Fashion Winter Must Haves
I am miserable when I am cold and I am always cold here are some clothing items that help me stay warm.
1. Thin leggings – I love layering in the winter it definetly helps keep you warm in the colder months. Try layering a thin pair of leggings under your pants to help you stay warm.
2. Fleece lined leggings- I have one pair of fleece lined leggings and they are amazing. They really help keep the heat in and keep you nice and toasty.
3. Hat- Now I’m not a big fan of beanies with the pom poms which is why I love my Carhartt beanie. I know every girl has them but they actually keep your ears nice and warm. Also good for hiding a bad hair day. These beanies on Amazon look very similar, are very warm and come in a lot of colors.
4. Infinity scarves- I can never get regular scarves to look right which is why I always opt for infinity scarves. They also can be worn in the fall and spring!
5. Snow boots- These will keep your feet super warm and you can even get ones lined with fur ( or faux fur). Use waterproofing spray to protect them from the snow/water.
6. Wool socks- My feet are always the first to get cold, this is why I love wool socks. They also have thermal socks at Mark’s Work Warehouse that are amazing.
7. Slippers- My feet are always cold inside too which is why a pair of bootie slippers are my favorite.
Beauty Winter Must Haves
The cold weather can be torture on your skin and your. Here are some must have items to add to your beauty routine.
1. Lip balm- My lips are always chapped especially so in the cold winter months. Check out my favorite lip balm here.
2. Moisturizer- I have dry skin constantly. I usually use coconut oil right out of the shower and then I follow up with a scented body lotion. Coconut oil is the absolute best though and has so many uses like eye makeup remover, moisturizer, hair mask and cooking!
3. Hair mask- The colder months can also be rough on your hair. This is the hair mask I am currently using and I love it.
Other Winter Must Haves
Here are some other random things that are extremely helpful for making it through the winter. Definitely winter must haves.
1. A snow brush- if you live where it snows then you know how important is. Waking up to a foot or more of snow on your car is not fun. I like these extendable ones as I am pretty short and do not enjoy reaching over my car and getting covered in snow. They are a bit pricy but totally worth it.
2. Touch screen gloves- Most cellphones can’t read touch if you are wearing gloves and who wants to take them off during the winter. Check out these gloves that work with your phone.
3. Insulated mug- Now these work both ways but during the winter your probably going to want to keep your drinks warm. Grab a coffee and pour it in an insulated mug to keep it warm for a long time.
4. Netflix Subscription- Perfect for those cold evenings or on snowy days. You’ll have 1000’s of options for tv shows and movies to watch. Already watched all of Netflix , check out Amazon Prime video for a free trial instead!
I don’t know if I would make it through the winter without these items. Well probably but they definitely make it a lot easier.
If your looking for something to watch on a stormy night, check out my list of the Best Christmas Movies on Netflix.
What are some of your winter essentials! I’d love to hear them in the comments below.